Newton Engineering provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are an experienced firm with practices in Structural Engineering an BIM – Building Information Modeling.
Newton Engineering Porto office is seeking talented engineers with 2 to 5 years of experience.
Candidates should have experience in medium to large-size projects such as office buildings, Commercial Centers and research facility design, and tenant renovation work preferably in a consulting engineering firm environment.
• Provide direction, coordination, planning, and completion of engineering projects.
• Communicate with clients to understand project requirements.
• Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements.
• Understand the building process from 3D CAD drawings;
• Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes.
• Manage project design and deliverables as well as other design team members, supervise the work of engineers and modelers, and direct project staff in preparing contract documents such as drawings and specifications.
• Solve problems of engineering and modeling, under the supervision of the team leader;
• Understand and track financial information related to the project.
• Strictly follow the quality standards of the company;
• Degree (Master’s preferred) in structural engineering.
• Strong technical skills.
• Working knowledge of current industry software, including Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 2-5 years of experience.
Newton Engineering is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Newton Engineering are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.